I found another way that I REALLY like coffee flour…
Enter: Coffee Flour Coffee Cake! Available for purchase now in the Yum-bread section! Reminder, that’s not chocolate brown, that’s coffee flour brown. This is not a chocolate bread… but still DELICIOUS!
Also… I believe that I promised a coffee flour recipe. So here is the coffee flour morning bar that Nick and I like… but I’m not going to be selling regularly because it’s a little “earthy” (I’ve been told).
Coffee Flour Morning Bar (granola bar esque)
- 1 cup almond meal (or you can use oat flour)
- 1/3 cup coffee flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar (can be made with 3 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup nuts (I use various such as walnuts, pecans, macadamia)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- optional 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix the flax seed and water first and set aside for about 10 minutes while you prep the rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Whisk together the almond meal, coffee flour, salt, and baking powder first (and cinnamon if using). Then add in the brown sugar, peanut butter, coffee extract, flax egg (flax/water mixture), oats and coffee. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips last.
- Spread into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, checking at 25 minutes depending on the oven.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and store in airtight container for up to one week (or freeze).
Give them a try and tell me what you think!!!!!!!! Enjoy!